The building of the Church of Immaculate Conception and St Killian, Clondalkin, began in 1857 and was completed and dedicated in 1862. It is named after a local saint and was designed by William Calbeck in the Gothic revival style that was popular at that time. It is built of calp limestone which was quarried locally. The interior of the Church is well maintained boasting a newly installed wooden floor, stained glass windows and an ornate roof. The acoustics of the Church for live musicians are good. A congregation of 500 people can be easily held. There is an ornate church organ installed on the gallery at the rear of the church. Also to note that this church is assocaited with the local all-Irish school and some of the notices and signs of the church are “as gaelige”.
Immaculate Conception – Clondalkin