The parish priest who built St Patrick’s Church, Fr M. Flanagan, was in all thirty eight years in charge of the parish. He was also Vicar General of the diocese. A tablet place over his burial place pays tribute to his years of service to his parishioners. Another tablet pays respect to Rev. James Butler, Adm. of Carlow, who died in 1860, aged 37 years. There is also a memorial window to him in Carlow cathedral. The church was built in 1830, in the gothic style, has attractive ceiling plasterwork, and a gallery at its rear.
St Patrick – Johnstownbridge