St Mary’s Church of Legan, is a quaint little church set in a lovely village which is located in south Longford. Legan has a long history that goes back as far as pre-Christian times. There is a Penal site at Legan Rock. St Mary’s Church was designed by a local architect by the name of John Caldwell Thomson who was born in Longford in 1855.
A congreation of apporoxmiately 300 people can be accomodated in the church. At the rear of the church there is a choir music balcony. It is quite narrow but holds two organs and ample space for a group of musicians.