The records of the Church of the Immaculate Conception, Rathfeigh show the location of four successive penal-day Mass houses in Rathfeigh. The last of these was erected here on a commons here at Rathfeigh in 1779. Having lasted for almost a century, it was replaced by the present church, the foundation stone of which was laid by Dr. Nulty on the 8th December 1872. Nearly two years later on the 15th August 1874 the new church was dedicated to the Immaculate Conception. The church itself is well maintained with a simple interior. At the rear of the church there is a choir balcony where the church organ is located. A congregation of over 200 could be accommodated in the church.
Immaculate Conception – Rathfeigh