The Church of St Alphonsus Liguori of Kilskyre very much dominates this little north County Meath village. It is surrounded by a graveyard on oneside and an open field on the other. This church building was begun in 1847 as a famine relief measure and opened on the 21st of May 1854. It was designed by J.J. McCarty. It was renovated at a considerable cost and re-opened in 1999. The church itself is in very good repair. There is a choir balcony above the main door complete with an organ. There is also an organ in the left hand nave of the church. A congregation of 400 people could be easily accomodated in this church.
St Alphonsus Liguori – Kilskyre