Saint Joseph’s Roman Catholic Church is located at Ballymanus Lower in Glenealy, Co. Wicklow. It is a well preserved church that is substantially original in design. It was built in the detached style, with a six-bay single-storey cruciform plan. It is in the French gothic style and was erected c.1870. The Parish of Wicklow has at present an area of 6.300 acres and is comprised of more than 30 town lands. In 1846 Ashford and Glenealy became a new parish and V. Rev. T O’Carroll DD who had been a curate in Wicklow was appointed first parish priest of the parish of Ashford.
St Joseph – Glenealy